A dream dinner, ready in 25 minutes, is accomplished by simply cooking salmon, then serving it on a bed of greens with strawberries. Experiment with other fish or even grilled chicken in this entree to build a repertoire of super-fast, super-nutritious meals.
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 to 3 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 5- or 6-oz. pkg. torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Sprinkle salmon fillets with salt. Lightly coat each side of salmon with cracked black pepper. In a large skillet cook salmon for 1 minute in hot oil. Turn salmon over; carefully add chicken broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, divide salad greens and strawberries among 4 plates. Drizzle greens with vinaigrette salad dressing. Remove salmon from cooking liquid and place on greens; drizzle salmon with honey.